Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Color Matching The CTMH Exclusive Palette With ShinHan Markers

ShinHan Markers will be available through the Close To My Heart website starting August 1. I made my own color swatches for the markers and compared them to the cardstocks' colors. Some colors are perfect matches, others are "in between" (example:YR24 Marigold could either work with Goldrush or Autumn Terracotta), meaning it looks like a cross between two colors. Lagoon has two coordinating markers--BG61 Peacock Green, its darker version, and B68 Turquoise Blue, the lighter shade. B262 Cerulean Blue has no CTMH equivalent, but I think it coordinates well with Indian Corn Blue. I did not match the colors for the skin tones (YR26 and YR29) since they don't have any equivalent in the present color palette, and they have too much red tones in them to resemble Champagne or Bamboo.
I had some surprises during this process. I anticipated that Y49 Pastel Green would be the equivalent of Flaxen, but instead, it looked more like Canary yellow, GY234 Leaf Green was more Pear than Sweet Leaf, and Sap Green was more of a New England Ivy than Olive!
Here are the pics and I hope these will help you when you color match your projects!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting comparison; thanks for sharing this. I just got my markers yesterday and am already in love with them. Of course I have never really used Copics (I only have a couple of fair skin colors) so I can't compare them (except that there are a lot fewer choices in our palette). Still, it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Peachy! Loving my markers! I'm also going to follow you and really appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for sharing your hard work! I'm looking forward to getting my new markers soon, and this will help! :D

    ReplyDelete