Thursday, August 28, 2014

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #107

Here is this week's inspirational colors at Color My Heart Color Dare Blog Challenge:




Now this color combination posed a bit of a challenge for me, and then...a lightbulb lit up! I love Christmas, so why not make an early Christmas card? The tree is from the Christmas Cricut Cartridge cut at 4". The border was cut at 1" using the Art Philosophy cartridge. The Olive Cardstock used for the tree is from Close To My Heart and the plum border is from DCWV. I added Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape and Gold Shimmer Trim to balance the design of the card. I also randomly outlined the tree and the border with gold ink, and to decorate the tree, I colored some Sparkles Clear Assortment with alcohol markers to match the border, and applied gold paint to the White Enamel Star which served as my tree topper.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you dressed both the Olive and Plum colored paper with gold. Really striking. Thanks for joining us again at Color My Heart. You are always full of inspiring ideas!

    ReplyDelete